Click to listen this episode right here on the blog(no app needed)
"When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Saturdays."Subscribe
EP. 022 | “Doing your thing is massively important to raising good kids. We should be able to show our kids that doing what we love is financially viable. I don’t want work to be a negative word. I don’t want kids to grow up and think they have to get a job to make money to have enough money to do the thing they love.”
This podcast episode is one of my favorite yet.
I can’t tell you how much I LOVED interviewing ‘Dana Banana’ - a Boss Mom herself and founder of the incredible Boss Mom community that’s helped over 50,000 women in the last 2.5 years.
Like me, Dana comes from a corporate background.
But everything changed when she realized that it wasn’t her job she was in love with - but her thirst for accomplishment.
This insight inspired her to quit her six-figure (plus) salary to become an entrepreneur - at the same time as having her first child!
Our lives are basically just a series of decisions that we make every day some conscious and some unconscious.
Dana is proof that parenthood doesn’t need to change your personal ambitions for life, work, and yourself.
Instead, as you’ll discover in this week’s podcast, life-changing situations can in fact inspire the life-changing decisions that push you in the direction you truly desire.
In this episode, Dana gets up close and personal. Discussing everything from the drunken night that changed everything to the reason why shaving her legs is a daily non-negotiable.
But beyond the banter is some incredible insights that could truly change your life. For example, how Dana supports herself to make the right decisions - so she can be effective as a business owner, a mom, and a human.
So if you’re a mom who’s looking for support, ideas, and a likeminded community to help you take your business to the next level, then this episode is for you.
And it’s equally for you if you want to see how one woman juggles multiple demanding roles and comes out on top.
There are so many correlations raising a business is just like raising a child
Some Questions I Ask:
- ● Tell us about your journey. How did the BossMom movement start and come to life. (3:22)
- ● How do you navigate the uncertainty and discomfort of making difficult decisions when you’re going through life-changing decisions? (10:20)
- ● What does your daily routine look like? How does it help you cultivate your practice of staying on track? (15:28)
- ● Do you have a process for offloading decisions to free up your plate? (19:09)
- ● How does self care factor into your life? (23:50)
- ● What are the non negotiables you have to do every day to keep yourself moving, inspired, and excited to do more of what you’re doing. (29:39)
- ● How does gratitude show up in your life? (34:29)
- ● What kind of community can help people get into an active state of appreciation? (39:50)
- ● In the midst of everything that’s happening in your life, how do you stay grounded? (46:59)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- ● How Dana discovered her thing - and why it wasn’t around the specialty she expected. (6:55)
- ● Why women make life changing decisions during life-changing situations. (9:52)
- ● The role of decision confidence and decision support when making choices - and the role they play in managing guilt. (10:59)
- ● Dana’s daily review of what’s important in her life through her Dream Makers and Deal Breakers - and how that helps her make the right decisions. (11:54)
- ● The tools Dana uses to help plan her day, make decisions, and keep stock of her goals. (13:09)
- ● How to feel good about what you are doing instead of feeling bad about what you’re NOT doing. (15:28)
- ● The weekly practice Dana does on a Sunday night to get accountability and prioritize her week. (17:05)
- ● Dana’s decision threshold and how it helps her interact with others effectively and delegate tasks. (18:13)
- ● Dana’s work wife! (19:53)
- ● What to do when survival mode is no longer sustainable and you need to reintegrate self care into your life - and why focusing on one thing at a time works best. (25:40)
- ● Why leg shaving and flossing are some of Dana’s non-negotiables. (30:00)
- ● Why Dana is passionate about giving compliments. (32:20)
- ● Why Dana see gratitude as an opportunity - and how this shows up in her life. (36:19)
- ● Why support is stability and how this can help you confidently climb without worrying about falling over. (40:49)
- ● What to do when a situation no longer serves you. (43:40)