Click to listen this episode right here on the blog(no app needed)
"When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Saturdays."Subscribe
EP. 024 | “Fear is at the crux of everything. If you do not know how to master fear, then fear is always going to trick you. That’s because fear is smarter than you and more educated than you.”
This episode’s guest is an absolute rockstar who’s dedicated her life to teaching people how to master fear.
It’s the incredible Rhonda Britten - master life coach, creator of the Fearless Living Institute, and an Emmy-Award winner. She’s also appeared on Oprah not once, but twice!
After a horrific experience at the age of 14, Rhonda spent the next 20 years of her life battling with fear in all its guises. From self-doubt, blame, and addiction, Rhonda struggled to work out life - until she decided to challenge her beliefs about who she thought she was.
This decision opened the door to hope and freedom. It led Rhonda down a path where she’s helped people from across the world break free of indecision - so they can take the risks that lead to an authentic life.
And in this episode, she’s going to give you plenty to think about.
If you are driven by fear youll be successful, but never satisfied..
Rhonda believes the key to fearless freedom is to understand how your fear works.
When it comes to fear, everyone’s experience is different. We all have our own fear response based on who we are and what’s happened in our lives.
In this episode, Rhonda reveals some simple, yet powerful questions that will enable you to understand what fear is trying to do - and how you can use fear to help you accomplish the things you want.
There is so much gold in this episode. Rhonda gives her all - her wisdom, her story, and her passion for her work. It’s electrifying and inspiring and I can’t wait for you to get your teeth into this wisdom because I know you’re going to love it.
You have to find your own path. Your own individual fearless path.
Some Questions I Ask:
- ● What is Fearless Living and how did it come to be? (1:22)
- ● You describe fear like a person. Can you expand on this please? (5:23)
- ● How do you discern between love and fear so you can take the right decision when faced with a choice? (7:33)
- ● If fear feels comfortable, how do you shatter that familiarity so you can enable yourself to achieve the things you want? (10:56)
- ● How can you figure out what’s at the root of your fear - your core fear as you describe it? (14:23))
- ● What do you do every day to address fear so you can do the things you want? (17:07)
- ● Is being driven by fear a bad thing? (24:14)
- ● How do you nurture freedom over fear? (27:37)
- ● What should you do if you don’t know yourself well enough to know if you’re acting from a place of fear or freedom? (35:04)
- ● In the midst of everything, how do you stay grounded? (42:41)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- ● Why Rhonda gets excited about the concept of Stay Grounded. (0:17)
- ● The struggles with getting to the other side of a difficult childhood. (3:20)
- ● Why an understanding of how fear works changed Rhonda’s whole life. (4:48)
- ● What is the Wheel of Fear and the Wheel of Freedom and how they operate. (5:46)
- ● Why fear loves you and isn’t out to get you. (7:06)
- ● Why the simple and easy approach doesn’t always work for life. (9:26)
- ● A key question Rhonda asks her clients that you should answer too. (9:56)
- ● Why people don’t take the actions that will move them beyond fear. (11:40)
- ● An exercise to try at home that will sharpen your fear awareness. (18:31)
- ● Rhonda’s perspective on anger and how it can be a positive experience. (19:47)
- ● Why fear doesn’t let you be satisfied. (23:14)
- ● Why you must slow everything down when moving from fear to freedom. (32:14)
- ● The role of authenticity in getting on the fearless train. (33:47)
- ● Rhonda’s story and why she punished herself for 20 years after a childhood trauma. (34:43)
- ● The month of gold stars that opened the window to another way. (38:16)
- ● The beautiful way that Rhonda bookends her day. (41:57)