Click to listen to this episode right here on the blog (no app needed)
"When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Saturdays."Click here to subscribe & review the show
EP. 004 | “There’s no such thing as natural born talent.”
Rewind to December 2014 and my guest today was at rock-bottom.
With a negative bank account he couldn’t even afford to buy his fiance a Christmas card. But it was in this lowest of places that Allen Brouwer found the clarity he needed to transform his life.
Faced with the cold realization that he’d been a ‘wantrepreneur’ playing at business, he decided to stop pointing the finger elsewhere and take 100% responsibility for his life.
Now, just three years later, Allen has created remarkable success from nothing. He became a self-improvement junkie who studied the world’s top-performers and frantically implementing everything he learned.
His investment in himself paid off.
He co-founded BestSelf.Co - a winner of Shopify’s first Build a BIGGER Business competition. He made the Forbes 30 Under 30 list in 2016, and is a sought after scale and growth coach.
We all have dreams for a better life and Allen is proof that you can create a life you feel proud of - regardless of your start point.
I find Allen’s story of rapid turnaround so inspiring because he’s entirely self-made. All of his current success tracks back to the habits and decisions he decided to implement that Christmas in 2014.
And now you can do the same.
That’s because in this podcast, Allen shares, in detail, the habits that have empowered him to become his best self.
Covering everything from his unique gratitude practice, to his non-negotiable morning routine, to the importance coffee has to his day, this podcast will inspire you to cultivate the basics that can change your life too.
Some Questions I Ask:
- ●What advice do you have for people who may be at rock bottom and want to turn that into fuel? (8:07)
- ● How did you go about fostering positivity on a daily basis? (9:30)
- ● What role do routines play in your life? (18:32)
- ● What are some of the non-negotiables that you distill your day down to? (20:59)
- ● How does gratitude weave into your life? (30:09)
- ● How do you #StayGrounded - and keep your head considering how rapidly your life has changed? (39:13)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- ● The trigger moment when Allen decided to change his life and become 100% accountable to himself. (7:50)
- ● Advice for turning rock-bottom into fuel for change and transformation. (8:07)
- ● Why everything changed when Allen looked at his life in 30-minute chunks. (12:25)
- ● The role that routines play in Allen’s life. (18:32)
- ● A list of non-negotiables that Allen distills his day down to. (20:59)
- ● How Allen was able to cultivate a habit of being so intentional with his time. (30:09)
- ● Allen’s most recommended book. (31:40)
- ● Allen’s advice for picking yourself up when you can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. (35:13)
- Plus much more…
- Save 10% in the Best Self store (www.bestself.co) with the code JavaPresse10.