Click to listen this episode right here on the blog(no app needed)
"When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Saturdays."Subscribe
EP. 023 |“My routine is my awareness tool. My tracking tool to tell me when I’m on track, when I’m off track, when do I need to course correct, and when I need to double-down.”
My guest today has flipped over 150 houses in the last six years. He’s Matt Aitchison, creator of 6FigureFlipper.com and an individual who has a unique and inspiring approach to happiness.
Matt’s goal is to be a millionaire in ALL areas of his life. Passionate about showing up as his ‘organic self’ consistently in all 8 of his ‘life gardens’, Matt’s attention to detail and ‘small bet’ testing mentality is an inspiration.
Thanks to his daily routines and methodical tracking, Matt has developed an intense level of self awareness, which helps him know when to course correct, double down, or change tact.
It’s an approach that’s brought him wealth in business, health, relationships, and financially - and a methodology that he shares in this powerful episode.
What youre doing right now in this exact moment was once a stretch for you mentally and physically, but you figured out a way to normalize it. Its just what you do now.
Matt wasn’t always this focused and dedicated to his path..
In fact, it took a nosedive to rock bottom after a college arrest for a physical altercation. This was the wake-up call he needed to start designing the life his organic self craved.
For the last 10 years, Matt has been dedicated to 2.0 himself. Fuelled by a belief that what seems scary can become his new reality, Matt leverages his all in, all out personality to live a full on life.
So if you want hacks and strategies that will help step into your ‘organic self’, this episode is a must watch.
I promise, it’s a doozy!
Ive always believed that we grow into the conversations around us. If you want to be a millionaire, go hang out with nine other millionaires and most likely youre going to adopt the mentality, the disciplines, the habits, the network, the research, all the information that will empower you to be on that path as well.
Some Questions I Ask:
- ● Tell me about your story and your transformation in your own words (0:56)
- ● When you realised in college that you had to make some serious changes, how did you make that party happen? What was the first sprint like after you decided to get started? (9:33)
- ● How does your daily routine keep the party going down the path you’ve chosen. (17:15)
- ● How did you come up with your core values and what are some of the non-negotiables on your routine list? (22:42)
- ● You say you want to be a whole-life millionaire. How does your mission, vision, and values help you find balance? (29:00)
- ● How does gratitude feature in your life? (36:55)
- ● Tell me more about Six-Figure Flipper. (39:55)
- ● In the midst of everything you’ve accomplished, how do you stay grounded on a daily basis? (44:29)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- ● How an altercation at school turned Matt’s life upside down and taught him that actions create consequences. (3:33)
- ● Why a college arrest and brutal reality check taught him that your past doesn’t need to equal your future. (5:33)
- ● How Matt got interested in real estate entrepreneurship. (7:50)
- ● How a life audit helped Matt figure out what he needed to change and the two places he chose to edit first. (11:03)
- ● Matt’s easy, two-column strategy that empowered him to step into his new life. (11:45)
- ● The impact mentorship played in Matt’s turnaround. (13:47)
- ● The book that led Matt down a path of self acceptance and transformation and gave him permission to be his ‘organic self’. (14:50)
- ● What happened when Matt began living as the organic version of himself. (16:03)
- ● Why clarity helps you eliminate distractions, condense your life, and be ruthless - so you can hone in on the things that are most important to you. (17:30)
- ● The benefits of ‘small bets’ and how they help you figure out the best formula. (20:25)
- ● Matt’s three daily non-negotiables and the role they play in his life. (23:14)
- ● How MVVBP can help you discover your core values. (25:37)
- ● Why counterbalance is more accurate than balance in life. (29:08)
- ● How you spell love (it’s not what you think). (31:00)
- ● Matt’s Legendary Life Rating and why he tracks them. (33:16)
- ● The power of your RAS and how gratitude can help you enhance the things that are important to you. (38:06)