Click to listen this episode right here on the blog(no app needed)
"When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Saturdays."Subscribe
EP. 038 | “I became OK with failing - with the possibility that it might not work out. That was where the freedom came.”
This episode’s guest and I have a lot in common.
We both have corporate backgrounds in engineering (in fact, Darla calls herself a recovering engineer!) and we both experienced similar trigger moments that ‘forced’ us to take the leap out on our own.
Now, Darla’s life couldn’t be more different! As a coach, she hosts intimate retreats that help people fast-track their learning and get out of their own way.
So if there’s a part of you that’s not fully satisfied with the life you live right now, this episode is for you.
Like me, Darla lived her life as convention tells us to do. She did all the right things, but life still slapped her in the face. But sometimes we need to be forced backwards before we can move forward again.
So if you want to get unstuck, listen in as Darla dives deep into her own journey. Along the way, she reveals the hidden beliefs and experiences that are probably holding you back too. Many of which stretch all the way back to when you were just seven-years-old. (Listen out for our discussion around this critical age.)
We dont know how much time we have, but I was living like at some point in the future the stars will align and Ill be able to do my thing.
Darla’s passion is helping people be themselves so they can explore their own unique expression on this planet. Listen out for the reasons why Darla is so driven by this mission. When you understand the wider context of Darla’s work, you’ll see just how significant it really is.
I took so much from this conversation and I know you will too.
Whether you want to pocket a couple techniques to help you break free, get a deeper understanding of the stories that are driving your subconscious mind, or just be inspired by a ‘recovering engineer’ who now spends all her time doing what she loves, this is for you.
So settle down and treat yourself to the genius that is Darla LeDoux.
I have so little drama in my life now because I make the decisions in advance, consciously rather than letting my subconscious take over and then having to pick up the pieces.
Some Questions I Ask:
- ● How did you finally make the jump into coaching and what was the trigger point that made it come alive for you. [4:06]
- ● How did you turn divorce and your stepdad's passing into fuel that helped you move forward? [9:33]
- ● How did moving through a divorce motivate you to do what you do now and show up as you show up now. [13:36]
- ● How has your relationship with pain changed over time? [17:40]
- ● How is your life’s purpose showing up through the work you do right now. [18:44]
- ● How does your ego line up with your subconscious and influence your day-to-day? [27:00]
- ● How do you help someone’s ego step aside because it knows you need it. [31:00]
- ● How do you rewrite your own story? [31:54]
- ● In the midst of everything you’ve achieved, how do you stay grounded. [48:16]
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- ● Darla’s 10 years in the self help aisle. [4:45]
- ● What gave Darla the urgency and perspective she needed to make her big life-changing decisions. [10:21]
- ● How ‘real stuff’ makes us present to life, purpose, and what we want to spend our time doing. [13:10]]
- ● How divorce helped Darla become aware of the subconscious thoughts that were running the show - so she didn’t make the same choices again. [16:23]
- ● The question that Darla uses to reframe pain. [18:25]
- ● Why Darla is passionate about retreats and the power they have to help us grow. [19:50]
- ● Why a lack of connection and intimacy is the cause of the crises we have in the world right now. [21:00]
- ● How shifting your environment helps you expose the subconscious thoughts so you can see inside yourself. [22:14]
- ● Why the age of seven is such a critical age. [27:50]
- ● ‘Be smart, get loved’ - how this story played out and ran Darla’s life. [29:00]
- ● Why you need to share and validate the parts of you that you hide before you can feel safe showing it to others. [35:02]
- ● The question to ask throughout the day to tune into your intuition and where you’re at. [36:47]
- ● How to use live events to create an environment that helps you grow. [42:04]