Click to listen this episode right here on the blog(no app needed)
"When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Saturdays."Subscribe
EP. 041 | “The ego uses the past to predict the future… By holding onto the past, you’re just creating the same pattern.”
This episode’s guest didn’t think she’d make it to her 40s.
Raised by immigrant parents, Adamaris was brought up with the belief that you have to work hard for everything. She was taught that no one was going to give her anything - she had to do it all herself.
So that’s what she did.
As a high achiever, Adamaris committed to the grind and tackled life the ‘world’s way’. She worked her way through the education system to ace college and get a masters degree before landing a corporate job in an investment bank.
Then she worked and worked until she reached the point where her body couldn’t take it anymore.
Thanks to severe adrenal exhaustion, Adamaris’s dream fell apart. Incapable of work she had no choice, but to quit her job. Suddenly, she was $50k in debt, living at home with her parents, and so broken her body couldn’t even digest foods - only liquids.
It was an insane low that became the ‘gift’ which transformed Adamaris’s life.
Instead of feeling fear as something bad, I just shift it into WOW some change is coming. Im going to another level and getting new information.
When you’re at rock bottom, it can feel alien to surrender to the now - especially when hard work and hustle is all you know. But the truth is, we can’t do it all alone.
It’s only when you surrender that you can activate the energetic source that created everything.
As soon as Adamaris opened the door to help, she received it. This kick-started a healing and personal discovery that’s turned Adamaris into the coach and mentor she is today.
In this incredible episode (which was recorded on Adamaris’ 44th birthday!) we dive deep into key concepts that catalyse growth and self-discovery. We discuss the power of fear before getting into an in-depth discussion about the role of the ego. Listen out for this topic - it’s going to help you understand why repeating patterns show up in your life.
Adamaris’s story is typical of so many high-achievers who get seduced into the hustle. But as you’ll see, letting go is powerful too - if you want to create a life that’s extraordinary and deeply aligned with your true calling. I took a ton from this episode and I can’t wait to hear your takeaways.
Be open to the uncomfortableness.
Some Questions I Ask:
- ● Tell me about the severe illness you experienced that became the catalyst for where you are today. [4:02]
- ● Why do you think people offered assistance after you asked for help? [9:22]
- ● What was the root reason for your illness? [12:58]
- ● Tell me about your relationship with fear? [17:57]
- ● What do you mean by ‘calling’? [22:59]
- ● How do you develop the sensitivities that allow you to be aware of your calling in any given moment? [25:30]
- ● How does your emotional pain influence your physical pain? [31:00]
- ● How does forgiveness work with the law of attraction? [38:50]
- ● If acceptance is the first step, how do you get better at accepting the circumstances in your life? [42:28]
- ● In the midst of everything you’ve been through, how do you stay grounded? [25:39]
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- ● What happened in Adamaris’s life when she hit rock bottom. [7:07]
- ● How you become someone who can accept love and help from others. [11:24]
- ● The simple morning ritual that opens your channels to receive. [12:20]
- ● How it feels to surrender. [16:55]
- ● How purpose changes in relation to where we are in any given moment. [20:50]
- ● The role of the ego in our lives and how to work with it. [29:20]
- ● Why Adamaris and her husband talk about issues IMMEDIATELY. [31:30]
- ● The power of forgiveness in your life (and what happens when you refuse to let go). [33:00]
- ● Why the ego wants you to experience what you already know. [35:10]
- ● The question to ask your subconscious if you’re not achieving the things you want (because there are only THREE reasons why). [41:00]
- ● Why healing, manifestation, and acceptance are all the same things. [43:00]
- ● The HUGE power of people loving you (and why you should send love to others. [48:31]