Click to listen this episode right here on the blog(no app needed)
"When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Saturdays."Subscribe
EP. 035 | “I like to see that what you do in the gym as lab for the rest of your life.”
Today’s guest was not naturally athletic.
As a teenager, he was thin - scrawny even. Not the pillar of strength looking back at me through Zoom. But such is the power of goals. After reading the biography of a strongman, Logan wanted to perform at a super high level too. He wanted to accomplish feats of strength that most people could only dream about!
And that’s been his focus since the age of 18 - with incredible results. That’s because just like the strongman who inspired him to step up, Logan can also pull an antique fire truck with his hair!
So check out this episode and discover how he did it. But fair warning!
Discussing what it takes to build strength on this scale only scratches the surface of what we spoke about...
Look at what is good for you but in a multi level type of way. Whats good for you today, a week from now, a month from now, a year from now, a decade from now, or over the course of your lifetime. If you can have real alignment in those as far as your purpose, then youre going to basically achieve that purpose or great things.
You see, Logan has had one heck of a story!
From intense loneliness at school, to losing his mom to cancer, to being called by nature to write a book, this conversation went on twists and turns I didn’t expect.
Although Logan’s ‘home base’ is strength training, his life is far from one-dimensional. Instead, Logan’s curiosity and desire to learn and make an impact has taken him down many paths. From NLP training to an ayahuasca experience in the Amazon jungle, Logan is constantly pushing his boundaries through knowledge so he can uplevel all areas of his life.
He’s a person driven by a holistic approach to life - passionate to reconnect with nature through the power of herbs. It’s one of the many things that makes Logan so fascinating.
So buckle up and listen in. This is one incredible conversation that’s guaranteed to take you to places you didn’t expect. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Struggle and stress are good things when done in the right amount.
Some Questions I Ask:
- ● Why strength training and how has your passion grown the more you’ve done it? [0:49]
- ● How did you prime yourself to pull an antique fire truck with your hair? [3:20]
- ● What got you interested in strength training? [6:00]
- ● How do you discover your home base or ‘core’ so you can develop the curiosity to learn other things? [10:00]
- ● If someone hasn’t been through a life changing experience themselves, how can they learn from others so they can create change at will? [14:25]
- ● You put yourself through a lot of physical struggle. How does struggle help build the skills and mindsets for a happier life? [15:50]
- ● How do you nurture purpose in your life? [17:37]
- ● How does change factor into purpose and help you crystalize what you really want? [19:40]
- ● Give me an example of how you transformed a difficult moment into something positive. [24:48]
- ● Explain your drive to write your book. [32:19]
- ● How do you think a healthier body leads to a happier state? [40:37]
- ● How do you stay grounded? [45:49]
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- ● The autobiography that inspired Logan to get strong. [2:15]
- ● Why it’s not your hair you need to worry about when pulling a truck. [5:23]
- ● How Logan turned strength training into a career. [8:23]
- ● The impact of losing his mom to cancer. [12:20]
- ● The last gift Logan’s mom gave him. [17:12]
- ● The importance of knowing what is good for you - from a holistic perspective. [18:20]
- ● Why Logan listens to his body and how this makes him adapt from moment to moment. [19:53]
- ● Why Logan doesn’t shoot for happiness and what he aims for instead. [23:24]
- ● What Logan would go back and tell his 16 year old self. [26:10]
- ● Powered By Nature - and Logan’s Amazonian ayahuasca journey. [28.12]
- ● The dangers of removing ourselves from nature. [32:35]
- ● Logan’s journey with herbs from personal use to a thriving business - and why they’re like a Trojan horse. [38:20]